The scope of this section is to offer Paediatric Surgeons who surf the Web an edited guide, a bulletin describing how to find information and data, with particular attention given to sites of educational value, aiming to compile an index of paediatric surgical information, a sort of a virtual textbook of Paediatric Surgery.
This "data mining" has been carried out selecting among the rather huge amount of sites found only those meeting the following prerequisites:
1) dealing entirely or mostly with paediatric surgical issues (with the exception of specialised medical search engines, of course);
2) having a substantial educational content, either directly or as a structured series of links to other sites of educational relevance;
3) being written by professionals or medical organisations, with a sound scientific background to the content;
4) having an access free or through a free on-line subscription (with the exception of the on-line journals);
5) not being overtly promotional.